LetibotulinumtoxinA is a newly registered neuromodulator for the treatment of glabellar lines in Europe.*,2 Its efficacy and safety
Results from the most recent study have now been published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal (Mueller DS, Prinz V, Adelglass J, Cox SE, Gold M, Kaufman-Janette J et al. Efficacy and Safety of Letibotulinum Toxin A in the Treatment of Glabellar Lines: A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter, Placebo-controlled Phase 3 Study. Aesthet Surg J. 2022; 42(6): 677- 88) and support the high efficacy and a convincing safety profile of letibotulinumtoxinA in the treatment of glabellar lines:*
- Response rate for letibotulinumtoxinA subjects reached 94 % at Week 4 after injection**, with a treatment duration of 4 months1,***
- Median time to onset was 3 days, with almost 1 out of 4 patients reporting a ≥ 1-point reduction in FWS already within the first 24 hours after injection1
- LetibotulinumtoxinA was effective even in severe glabellar lines, achieving no or minimal lines at Week 4 in 48.5% of patients who had severe lines at baseline1
- LetibotulinumtoxinA was well-tolerated with a low incidence of treatment-emergent adverse events1
- The study also demonstrated consistent efficacy and safety of letibotulinumtoxinA with repeated injections for up to 12 months.1,2
Based on these results the authors concluded a high efficacy and excellent safety profile for letibotulinumtoxinA in the treatment of glabellar lines.*
In Europe this newly registered neuromodulator is now becoming available for aesthetic professionals as Letybo®, marketed by Croma-Pharma.
* Letybo® is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe vertical lines between the eyebrows in adults < 75 years old seen at maximum frown (glabellar lines), when the severity of the facial lines has an important psychological impact.
** Response rate was defined as a ≥ 1-point reduction in Facial Wrinkle Scale (FWS) at maximum frown based on the investigators assessment.
*** Assessed by the number of subjects having a ≥ 2-point reduction in FWS with a rating of 0 or 1 at a given timepoint; the timepoint when this value was still statistically significant vs. placebo was 16 weeks
- Mueller DS, Prinz V, Adelglass J, Cox SE, Gold M, Kaufman-Janette J et al. Efficacy and Safety of Letibotulinum Toxin A in the Treatment of Glabellar Lines: A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter, Placebo-controlled Phase 3 Study. Aesthet Surg J. 2022; 42(6): 677- 88
- Letybo® smPC, April 2022, https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/13707