Leading aesthetic training academy MATA, will be launching a suite of Level 5 laser and light based therapy qualifications and courses this month, as well as a comprehensive Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in the Principles and Practice of Clinical Injectable Therapies (botulinum toxin and dermal fillers).
The qualifications reflect the latest HEE guidelines, is awarded by EduQual, and endorsed by an Ofqual-recognised organisation.
The new blended-learning qualifications offer theory and practice combining distance and face-to-face teaching, with hands-on treatments on volunteer patients and clinic-based assessments. Qualifications will be available in London and around the country led by experienced clinical practitioners and tutors.
The qualification suite includes:
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser and Light Hair Reduction (Level 5).
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser Tattoo Removal (Level 5).
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Laser and Light-Based Therapies (Level 5) – offering optional units of vascular & pigmented lesions, non-ablative & ablative rejuvenation, hair reduction and tattoo removal – allowing Learners to customise the qualification to their specific needs and treatment applications.
- Advanced Postgraduate Certificate in The Principles and Practice of Clinical Injectable Therapies (Level 7).
Units from the qualifications are also available as stand-alone accredited short courses, offering learners the opportunity to build ‘credits’ whilst gaining valuable training and experience in safe practice of cosmetic therapies, in line with HEE recommendations.
As one of the first training academies to offer a portfolio of bespoke qualifications, MATA founder and director, Mr Faz Zavahir, wanted to provide rigorous but flexible training and education opportunities in a sector that needs to set high standards of treatment delivery and patient care.
‘I’m very pleased we are able to offer an entire suite of qualifications and courses from which learners can choose to meet their own training needs – all within one academy. Ensuring our qualifications reflect the latest HEE guidelines was vital, but we also want to ensure our qualifications and courses are open to those wanting to learn and train to a high standard. Our Level 5 and Level 7 qualifications are demanding, expecting high standards in clinical knowledge and skills, but they are also immensely rewarding in both personal and professional development. Only by developing qualifications and courses that offer competence based training will this sector see an improvement in standards of care and patient safety.’
The Level 5 laser and light qualifications are open to:
- beauty therapists (Level 3/4 qualified),
- tattoo removal practitioners,
- healthcare professionals
- Those with suitable prior experience/learning and/or able to demonstrate an ability to study at Level 4 or higher.
The Level 7 Injectable Therapies qualification entry requirements* are:
- Degree holding (Level 6) doctors, dentists, nurses, independent nurse prescribers
- Valid GMC, GDC, NMC number